Friday, May 06, 2011

Music of Early 2011

Here is a simple list of the recent songs that I am obsessed with at the moment (usually Becky is obsessed with the same songs, but not always):
  • "Civilization" by Justice - you've probably heard it in the latest Adidas commercial with Katy Perry in it. Good god is this song good! Listen to it on YouTube here.
  • "The Golden Age" by The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - From another commercial, this time a Heineken commercial. Got it stuck in my head so decided to buy it and have been enjoying it. Music Video on YouTube.
  • "Tighten Up" by The Black Keys - Amazingly I actually heard this one first on DC101 (really shocking, I know), very good stuff! Music Video on YouTube.
  • The new album "Wasting Light" from the Foo Fighters
  • The Tron: Legacy soundtrack from Daft Punk
Enjoy!

Reading Update: I finished A Game of Thrones in almost exactly a month, and have already jumped in to book 10 of Wheel of Time - Crossroads of Twilight and am now 12% into the book. If I read one WoT book a month I will be caught up in the series by August/September.

No comments: