Monday, August 16, 2010

New Drawings

My friend Quinn (who runs the At-Will blog about awesome 4th Edition D&D stuff) has asked me for artwork a few times, also I've bugged him to ask me for artwork, but in the past as usually happens with me I didn't get any of them done in time. Last night I resolved to change that, here is the result.

What Quinn asked me for was a corrupted purple dragon, named Etherkai, that is nicknamed the "Nightmare Dragon". Here's what I produced in a little under 2 hours last night.

Etherkai Black & White
Black & White - pencil on drawing paper, done in about 30 minutes.

Etherkai Colors
Colored Pencils on drawing paper, done in about 20 minutes.

Etherkai the Nightmare Dragon
Some Photoshop work to get rid of the texture I wasn't a fan of (especially in the sky).

Etherkai the Nightmare Dragon (Final)
More Photoshop work to make it darker and to make the dragon appear more "scarred", at Quinn's request but I was planning on doing something like this anyway.

Considering the total time invested, about 2 hours last night though I did a bit of sketching over the course of last week to get a pose and layout I liked, I'm pretty damn happy with this. I'd love for the dragon to have more action to it, and to add a bit more interest into everything, but it was do THIS or not do it at all and I've promised myself I'd get more things done like this even if I'm not 100% happy with how they turn out.

Reading update: I'm 43% of the way through Goblet of Fire, putting me at 34% of the way through the entire Harry Potter series. Still "behind" where I was originally in my reading schedule but very much ahead of schedule to finish before the first Deathly Hallows movie.

3 comments:

WyattSalazar said...

That is so cool! The initial dragon drawings are cute :3

gamefiend said...

I love it! Thanks man.

Bartoneus said...

No, thank you Quinn (gamefiend)! You got me drawing, and that's something I should owe you quite a lot for!